Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tour of the Collections!!!

Today was a great day for taking pictures, so in this post, I'll give you a photographic tour of the RCHS collections and a few of the really interesting/cool looking pieces!

So here we start looking in to the left from the door:



The shelves on the left are for the medium sized objects that haven't/won't be put into boxes. (Because they are too big or cumbersome I think...)

Items like these:

I love old tins
Driving goggles (they remind me of The Coon from South Park)
Sweet pulley
Lauren loves these traps
Beautiful boots
Super fancy canes
That's a nice inscription

To the right are the large items like farm equipment and household furnishings. The metal shelves contain large textiles like wedding dresses and things that have either broken off of the large items and need to be returned, or things that need to be identified.

Looking to the right from the door:


The black shelves on the left are the large item storage and against the wall are the shelves that hold the boxes filled with pieces that are small enough to fit in them. These are filled with dishes, small textiles and assorted household items. The desk area is where Kevin, Lauren and I work. The white rolls are the hated quilt racks...

Yuck

Here are some of the large items:

The spinning wheel I added pieces to
I'm guessing D. D. Mayne was the lord of a manor
One of the many ploughs
The infamous chair with no legs that is a candidate for deaccessioning
Pretty winter sleighs
This piece is one of our favorites. Kevin named it baby hoe and we have not been able to figure out what the heck it was used for. Our current, best guess is that it was used for scraping out debris from the nooks in farming equipment:

It's tiny!!!
With a super long and thin handle

This is our epic work space:

Where the magic happens
Here is my partner in crime Lauren!

Lovin the hooks

I mentioned in a previous post that Kevin had pulled aside items from the archaeology boxes to display in an exhibit. Here are the pieces we chose:
That's a bone, not a stick
I enjoy Kevin's sense of humor
So that's where I'm working!

1 comment: